Assignment: This assignment calls for you to create a research proposal on a discourse community of your choosing. First, you need to find a discourse community you are interested in researching and post in the discussion fortun on Blackboard on Tuesday, 10/27 and I will respond with “approval”. This is not a traditional “five-paragraph” essay but instead this paper acts as a starting point if you were going to do a research paper on your chosen discourse community. However, you may write this in paragraph form, or simply copy and paste the questions into a document and answer them. Keep in mind that this is not a discussion board forum where you can offer brief explanations—you must thoroughly answer the questions below and you must use Gee’s chapter as support. You will be doing actual research for this proposal so make sure to cite where you find information. Don’t forget—you can argue against Gee as well!
• What is the discourse community you have chosen to explore and write about in your ethnography? Why?
• Using the following terms by Gee, external and internal, dominant and non-dominant discourses, primary socialization, tension or conflicts, gates, literacy, explain how your chosen discourse would define these categories.
• Why do you think the community you have chosen will be a good candidate for exploration?
• What methods will you use to gather date about your community? Some examples of methods include: observations, interviews, and research. Provide examples of what you found and evaluate if you think it would be helpful or not.
• Could you use other texts from the class that could help to support your investigation into this discourse community?
• Finally, do you agree or disagree with Gee’s thesis about discourse communities being a kind of “identity kit”? You may also say you agree with some elements and disagree with others. What about your chosen discourse community supports your thoughts?
The post A research proposal on a discourse community first appeared on COMPLIANT PAPERS.
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level or professional level, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension.A 100% refund is guaranteed.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Tutorpro support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
At Tutorpro, we have top rated masters and PhD writers who will help you tacke that homework and score A+ grade. Tutorpro services covers all levels of education : high school, college, university undergraduate, masters and PhD academic level.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Tutorpro academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.