ACT300 Portfolio Project: Kelly Consulting Practice Set You are given the following information:
• Post closing trial balance for April 30, 2008
• Transactions for the month of May 2008 • Adjustments for May 31,2008
• Insurance was purchased for a one?year period, starting on March 1, 2008.
• Rent was prepaid on January 1, 2008, for a one?year period, starting on January 1.
• Office equipment has a 5 year life, with a 2,500 salvage value.
• A supplies inventory count shows an ending balance of $1,235.
• Assume that the receptionist works 5 days a week, and earns an even amount per day. The May 28th payroll pays her up to May 28th (Wednesday). The following can be download from the Module 8 Assignment page or the Course Information page 1. Journal page to copy and use 2. Ledger page to copy and use 3. Portfolio Project Excel Spreadsheet template with accounts pre?entered Kelly Consulting Transactions for May 2008 May 3 Received cash from clients as an advance payment for services to be provided and recorded it as unearned fees, $1,550. May 5 Received cash from clients on account, $1,750. May 9 Paid cash for a newspaper advertisement, $100 May 13 Paid Office Station Co. for part of the debt incurred on April 5, $400 May 15 Recorded services provided on account for the period May 1?15, $5,100. May 16 Paid part?time receptionist for two weeks' salary including the amount owed on April 13, $750. May 17 Recorded cash from cash clients for fees earned during the period May 1?16, $7,380 May 20 Purchased supplies on account, $500. May 21 Recorded services provided on account for the period May 16?20, $2,900. May 25 Recorded cash from cash clients for fees earned for the period May 17?23, $4,200. May 27 Received cash from clients on account, $6,600. May 28 Paid part?time receptionist for two weeks' salary, $750. May 30 Paid telephone bill for May, $150. May 31 Paid electricity bill for May, $225. May 31 Recorded cash from cash clients for fees earned for the period May 25?31, $2,875. May 31 Recorded services provided on account for the remainder of May, $2,200. May 31 Kelly withdrew $7,500 for personal use. Portfolio Instructions
1. Record the ending balances from the April 30 post closing trial balance into the ledger sheets or alternatively, you may create T?accounts on an Excel spreadsheet.
2. Record journal entries for the May transactions on the journal sheets given or create a spreadsheet configured as a journal sheet.
3. Post the journal entries to the ledger sheets or if you created T?accounts post the entries to your T?accounts.
4. Enter the ending balances from the ledger or T?accounts on to the worksheet trial balance columns.
5. Enter the adjustments directly on to the worksheet. 6. Extend to the adjusted trial balance columns.
7. Extend to the financial statement columns.
8. Prepare the financial statements.
9. Enter the closing entries on to the worksheet.
10. Prepare the post?closing trial balance for May. Submit your work in a Portfolio Project Excel worksheet that you download from the Module 8 Assignments page.
Make sure all the sections listed below are on the worksheet as a single document with each of the four sections described clearly identified. Make sure you include the following sections in your final Excel Workbook: I. The completed Worksheet on the given downloadable spreadsheet II. Formal income statement, statement of owner's equity, and balance sheet (These may be prepared on separate tabs on the Excel Workbook where “Worksheet” is the first tab) III. Post?Closing Trial Balance for May 31 IV. T? Accounts
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level or professional level, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension.A 100% refund is guaranteed.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Tutorpro support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
At Tutorpro, we have top rated masters and PhD writers who will help you tacke that homework and score A+ grade. Tutorpro services covers all levels of education : high school, college, university undergraduate, masters and PhD academic level.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Tutorpro academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.