Assessment Details and Submission Guidelines
Unit Title Information Technology for Business
Assessment Type Individual assessment
Assessment Title Report: IT impact on business
Purpose of the assessment (with ULO Mapping) Students are required to research on a real life business and the impact of IT on the chosen business.
1. Students will be able to evaluate and justify theoretical and practical knowledge of information technology in a business context.
2. Students will be able to analyse information technology issues in a business environment and provide solutions to these issues using their knowledge of information technology and practical techniques in a business environment.
3. Students will be able to apply research skills analysing academic literature and integrating ideas from the literature to the information technology issues in business and in preparation for life-long learning.
4. Students will be able to understand the ICT profession in information technology.
5. Students will be able to communicate using effective oral and written communication tools, act in a professional manner.
6. Students will be able to review and describe the major privacy, legal, ethical and societal issues with respect to managing digital information and information systems.
Submission Guidelines • All work must be submitted on Blackboard by the due date along with a completed Assignment Cover Page.
• The assignment must be in MS Word format, no spacing, 12-pt Arial font and 2 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings and page numbers.
• Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list using Harvard referencing style.
The purpose of this assignment is to find recent news that involves information security breaches, analyse the chosen news and produce a report.
You are to research a real life business (Company) example of your choice and the impact of IT on that business.
1) Does your chosen business need IT?
2) Why IT is important for business survival?
3) What is required to apply IT into your chosen business? (I.e. cost, planning, designing, equipment, installation, training, etc…)
4) How does your chosen business use IT? (internally such as employees, and externally such as customers, suppliers)
5) What benefits and advantages does IT bring to your chosen business? (I.e. revenue, flexibility, reduces cost, etc….)
6) What type of risks does IT bring to your chosen business? (i.e. security, privacy, confidentiality)
7) How can your chosen business maintain and monitor IT?
Your report will be assessed on the quality of your research and report presentation. Discussion must be relevant to your chosen business. Your report is to be in the style of a business report. There is a limit of ten pages excluding appendices.
You can choose a business from any of the following industries:
• Food processing
• Banking and finance
• Printing and publishing
• Computer gaming
Marking criteria Weighting
Clear statement of purpose, clarity of methods and assumptions; systematic approach to project. 5%
2. Use of resources:
Application of relevant course concepts, tools and frameworks use of evidences, engagement with the literature. 25%
• Balanced coverage of each of the important points,
• Richness of analysis;
• Flow of ideas;
• Validity of objectives,
• Use of own insight and originality;
• Feasibility of recommendations and implementation consideration 60%
4. Organization and Presentation:
Clarity of structure, quality of presentation, style and readability. Title page, Table of contents, List of abbreviations and/or glossary,
Executive summary/abstract, Introduction, Body, Conclusion Recommendations, Bibliography, Appendices 5%
5. Citation practice:
Appropriate citation of sources and evidences used. 5%
TOTAL Weight 100%
Assessment Feedback to the Student
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level or professional level, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension.A 100% refund is guaranteed.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Tutorpro support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
At Tutorpro, we have top rated masters and PhD writers who will help you tacke that homework and score A+ grade. Tutorpro services covers all levels of education : high school, college, university undergraduate, masters and PhD academic level.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Tutorpro academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.