1. Douglass’s Narrative offers us the testimony of two of his abolitionist supporters as well as that of Douglass himself.Benito Cereno offers another kind of testimony in Cereno’s deposition. Compare the use of supplementary testimony in the two works. How are they related to the main body of the text? Do they support its authority, undermine it, or both? Why does the subject of slavery give rise to these types of testimonial supplementation?
2. Both Benito Cereno and “The Heroic Slave” present slavery (and rebellion against it) from the perspective of white participant/observers.Yet here the formal similarities between the two narratives seem to end. Compare the authors’ use of perspective.What are the differences? How does each use his white participant/observer’s perspective to convey his own view of slavery? Why are two such different writers drawn to the same narrative device?
3. Benjamin Franklin and Frederick Douglass saw their life stories as more than mere personal narratives; each aspired to a representative role.How does each understand that role? How is it shaped by the circumstances in which they find themselves? How does it shape and constrain their literary self-presentation?
4. Compare Melville’s use of the theme of nature to Douglass’s in either the Narrative or “The Heroic Slave.” Why does nature play so important a role in narratives about slavery? Do the authors use this theme in different or similar ways? Why is the theme of nature so consistently linked with the representation of women and family in both authors?
5. You are Frederick Douglass. Write a review of Benito Cereno with an eye to its political significance. Compare Melville’s narrative methods to your own in “The Heroic Slave.” Are Melville’s method’s suitable to abolitionism?How would you write the story of the San Dominick? Be sure to model your prose style on Douglass’s.
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level or professional level, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension.A 100% refund is guaranteed.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Tutorpro support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Tutorpro Homework Help Services
At Tutorpro, we have top rated masters and PhD writers who will help you tacke that homework and score A+ grade. Tutorpro services covers all levels of education : high school, college, university undergraduate, masters and PhD academic level.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Tutorpro academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.