Evaluating Your Own Risk for Inherited Disease
For this assignment you will think about your individual health and health risks. What genetic diseases or problems might you face during your lifetime? Predisposition to heart disease, breast cancer, diabetes? You may consider your own health risks or those of other individuals such as a family member or friend. Then, in a paper of 750-1,000 words, address the following issues:
Subject: Type 2 Diabetes inherited from father.
· What genetic diseases or problems were determined to be potential issues?
· Provide an introduction of the disease, outlining the major signs/symptoms of the disorder and the reason why this was selected as a genetic/inherited disease?
· Research the mode of inheritance for this disease/trait? Why? If you’re not able to find a specific mode of inheritance, provide a hypothesis for the mode of inheritance. Explain your thinking here very thoroughly; this should take up about half of the length of the Assignment.
· What other information would help you draw better conclusions about this disease?
· If you were to have a child, what could you tell him or her about his/her chances of inheriting the diseases based upon your research about the inheritability of the trait you are researching?
Grading for this assignment depends on the following factors:
· Student’s work demonstrates a full and complete understanding of the topic.
· Student’s work provides an introduction which clearly defines the scope of the project and identifies the chosen disease.
· Student’s work provides an explanation of why the disease was chosen as a potential issue.
· Student’s work provides specific information that would help individuals to draw better conclusions about the chosen disease (i.e., common symptoms, additional resources, etc.).
· Student’s work provides an accurate and thorough description on the mode of inheritance of the selected disease. Discussion is supported with additional research. The description takes up about half of the length of the assignment.
· Student’s work thoroughly describes problems an individual would encounter when creating a medical tree and when gathering their family’s medical history.
· Student’s work discusses various approaches to discussing the probability of inheriting the chosen genetic disorder with a child. Discussion is supported by additional research.
· Student’s work reflects a thorough understanding on how to search the KU library and fully explains the methods used to discover at least two sources related to the topic.
· Student’s work utilizes at least two references and explains whether the references support or contradict the student’s findings.
· Project meets the minimum word requirements of 750 -1,000 words.
· The use of accurate scientific terminology enhances the project.
· APA-formatting guidelines are met.
· References and citations are included and formatted as per APA-formatting guidelines.
· No errors in spelling, punctuation or grammar.
· The submitted project meets all assignment requirements.
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level or professional level, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension.A 100% refund is guaranteed.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Tutorpro support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
At Tutorpro, we have top rated masters and PhD writers who will help you tacke that homework and score A+ grade. Tutorpro services covers all levels of education : high school, college, university undergraduate, masters and PhD academic level.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Tutorpro academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.