CASCADIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE ACC203
1. For an investment center, the hurdle rate is:
The desired return on investments.
Not important to management.
The cost of obtaining financing.
The difference between the projected rate and the earned rate.
Not evaluated in determining the performance of an investment center.
2. Costs that the manager does not have the power to determine or at least strongly influence are:
3. Expenses that are not easily associated with a specific department, and which are incurred for the benefit of more than one department, are:
4. An accounting system that provides information that management can use to evaluate the profitability and/or cost effectiveness of a department's activities is a:
Cost accounting system.
Standard accounting system.
Departmental accounting system.
Service accounting system.
Revenue accounting system.
5. In a responsibility accounting system:
Controllable costs are assigned to managers who are responsible for them.
All managers at a given level have equal authority and responsibility.
Organized and clear lines of authority and responsibility are only incidental.
Each accounting report contains all items allocated to a responsibility center.
All of the choices are correct.
6. Abbe Company reported the following financial numbers for one of its divisions for the year; average total assets of $4,100,000; sales of $4,525,000; cost of goods sold of $2,550,000; and operating expenses of $1,372,000. Assume a target income of 10% of average invested assets. Compute residual income for the division:
7. The difference between a profit center and an investment center is
There is no difference; investment center and profit center are synonymous.
an investment center is responsible for effectively using center assets.
an investment center incurs costs, but does not directly generate revenues.
an investment center provides services to profit centers.
an investment center incurs no costs but does generate revenues.
8. An expense that does not require allocation between departments is a(n):
All of the options are correct.
9. Rent and maintenance expenses would most likely be allocated based on:
Square feet of floor space occupied.
Number of hours worked.
Number of employees in each department.
Number of invoices processed.
Sales volume by department.
10. A report that accumulates the actual costs that a manager is responsible for and their budgeted amounts is a:
Departmental accounting report.
Controllable expense report.
Managerial cost report.
Segmental accounting report.
Responsibility accounting performance report.
11. A system of performance measures, including nonfinancial measures, used to assess company and division manager performance is:
Return on investment.
12. A difficult problem in calculating the total costs and expenses of a department is:
Assigning indirect expenses to the department.
Determining the gross profit ratio.
Determining the amount of sales of the department.
Determining the direct expenses of the department.
Assigning direct costs to the department.
13. Regardless of the system used in departmental cost analysis:
Neither direct nor indirect costs are allocated.
Indirect costs are allocated, direct costs are not.
Direct costs are allocated, indirect costs are not.
Total departmental costs will always be the same.
Both direct and indirect costs are allocated.
14. Within an organizational structure, the person most likely to be evaluated in terms of controllable costs would be:
A payroll clerk.
A maintenance worker.
All of the individuals would be evaluated in terms of controllable costs.
A production line worker.
A cost center manager.
15. Plans that identify costs and expenses under each manager's control prior to the reporting period are called:
Responsibility accounting budgets.
Activity-based accounting systems.
Cost accounting systems.
Managerial accounting systems.
Responsibility accounting systems.
16. The amount by which a department's revenues exceed its direct expenses is:
Departmental contribution to overhead.
17. The most useful evaluation of a manager's cost performance is based on:
Departmental contributions to overhead.
18. Departmental contribution to overhead is calculated as revenues of the department less:
Direct and indirect costs.
Product and period costs.
19. The most useful allocation basis for the departmental costs of an advertising campaign for a storewide sale is likely to be:
Number of customers to enter each department.
Floor space of each department.
Proportion of sales of each department.
Relative number of items each department had on sale.
An equal amount of cost for each department.
20. The allocation bases for assigning indirect costs include:
Any appropriate and reasonable bases.
Only value bases.
Only unit bases.
Only cost bases.
Only physical bases.
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level or professional level, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension.A 100% refund is guaranteed.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Tutorpro support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
At Tutorpro, we have top rated masters and PhD writers who will help you tacke that homework and score A+ grade. Tutorpro services covers all levels of education : high school, college, university undergraduate, masters and PhD academic level.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Tutorpro academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.