COMM 300 Mid-Point Test
2 pages, 10 brief essay-response questions = 100%
This course focuses on these major theories about relational, group, organizational and cultural influences on interpersonal communication behaviors:
Symbolic Interaction Theory
Coordinated Management of Meaning
Communication Privacy Management
For your final paper in this course, you have been asked to research and analyze one of the listed theories. (In some classes you also may apply your research to an individual or group presentation.)
For this mid-point test, you will tell your instructor what you have learned about the theory that you are investigating in your final paper, then apply your understanding to a specific research study.
The SAGE Encyclopedia of Social Science Research Methods
The Encyclopedia of Communication Theory
Make sure to use in-text citations and end-of-text references in APA style to any resources you consulted in answering these questions. Continue to Page 2.
Answer the Following Questions (10 points each)
Part 1: Your Theory
Please provide the full name of the theory that you are investigating in your final paper:
1. In your own words, summarize that theory’s primary axiom(s) or assumption(s).
2. In your own words, summarize that theory’s hypothesis(es) and/or postulate(s).
3. In your own words, summarize any strengths or weaknesses of the theory.
4. To which of the seven communication traditions does this theory belong? Define the term that you use in your answer and explain why this theory belongs in that category.
5. To which of the seven communication contexts does this theory belong? Define the term that you use in your answer and explain why this theory belongs to that category.
6. To which of the three approaches to knowing does this theory belong positivist/empirical, interpretative/hermeneutics, critical)? Define the term that you use in your answer and explain why this theory belongs to that category.
Part 2: Your Research Study
Select a research study that uses your theory from among the peer-reviewed scholarly journal articles you wrote about in your annotated bibliography assignment for this class.
7. What type of research method(s) was used in this study (qualitative or quantitative)? Define the term that you use in your answer and explain why the research in your journal article reflects this approach.
8. Did the research in this study seek to answer questions of ontology, epistemology, or axiology about the nature of reality? Define the term that you use in your answer and explain why the research in your journal article reflects this approach.
9. Did this study reflect pure research or applied research? Define the term that you use in your answer and explain why the research in your journal article reflects this approach.
10. How did the researcher(s) operationalize (make measurable and observable) the phenomena investigated in the study?
END OF QUESTIONS
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level or professional level, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension.A 100% refund is guaranteed.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Tutorpro support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
At Tutorpro, we have top rated masters and PhD writers who will help you tacke that homework and score A+ grade. Tutorpro services covers all levels of education : high school, college, university undergraduate, masters and PhD academic level.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Tutorpro academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.