E21-30 Determing mixed costs—the high-low method
The manager of Able Car Inspection reviewed the monthly operating costs for the past year. The costs ranged from $4,000 for 1,000 inspections to $3,600 for 600 inspections.
1. Calculate the variable cost per inspection.
2. Calculate the total fixed costs.
3. Write the equation and calculate the operating costs for 800 inspections.
4. Draw a graph illustrating the total cost under this plan. Label the axes, and show the costs at 600, 800, and 1,000 inspections.
E21-31 Calculating contribution margin ratio, preparing contribution margin income statements
For its top managers, Worldwide Travel formats its income statement as follows:
Learning Objective 2
2. $245,000 sales level, VC $73,500
Variable Costs $95,250
Sales Revenue $317,500
Fixed Costs $175,000
Contribution Margin $222,250
Operating Income $47,250
Contribution Margin Income Statement
Three Months Ended March 31, 2014
Worldwide’s relevant range is between sales of $245,000 and $364,000.
1. Calculate the contribution margin ratio.
2. Prepare two contribution margin income statements: one at the $245,000 sales level and one at the $364,000 sales level. (Hint: The proportion of each sales dollar that goes toward variable costs is constant within the relevant range.)
E21-37 Using sensitivity analysis
Dependable Drivers Driving School charges $250 per student to prepare and administer written and driving tests. Variable costs of $100 per student include trainers’ wages, study materials, and gasoline. Annual fixed costs of $75,000 include the training facility and fleet of cars.
1. For each of the following independent situations, calculate the contribution margin per unit and the breakeven point in units by first referring to the original data provided:
a. Breakeven point with no change in information.
b. Decrease sales price to $220 per student.
c. Decrease variable costs to $50 per student.
d. Decrease fixed costs to $60,000.
2. Compare the impact of changes in the sales price, variable costs, and fixed costs on the contribution margin per unit and the breakeven point in units.
P21-63 Computing breakeven sales and sales needed to earn a target profit; performing sensitivity analysis
This problem continues the Davis Consulting, Inc. situation from Problem P19-40 of Chapter 19. Davis Consulting provides consulting service at an average price of $175 per hour and incurs variable cost of $100 per hour. Assume average fixed costs are $5,250 a month.
1. What is the number of hours that must be billed to reach the breakeven point?
2. If Davis desires to make a profit of $3,000, how many consulting hours must be completed?
3. Davis thinks it can reduce fixed cost to $3,990 per month, but variable cost will increase to $105 per hour. What is the new breakeven point in hours?
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level or professional level, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension.A 100% refund is guaranteed.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Tutorpro support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
At Tutorpro, we have top rated masters and PhD writers who will help you tacke that homework and score A+ grade. Tutorpro services covers all levels of education : high school, college, university undergraduate, masters and PhD academic level.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Tutorpro academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.