· Review Course Lecture PPTS and readings for Chapter 5: Frameworks for Health Promotion, Disease Prevention and Risk Reduction.
· Read the “Diabetes: Teaching Patients Self-Care” Module by Tracey Long RN, PhD, APRN (see attachment in Bright Space).
· NOTE: This module is to help you understand the process of health education, not to educate you about any specifics related to diabetes. Please keep this in mind. The principles of education that are covered in this module are essential for ALL educational topics (not just the one focused on here). You are encouraged to create an educational plan based on your “client’s” needs. (examples: weight loss, hypertension management, stress relief etc). Do NOT do a plan on diabetes management, because this is covered in full in this module.
· Using this module, answer the following questions:
1) Pages 4-9 provide a brief summary of this client’s conditions (in this example, Diabetes Mellitus). This demonstrates why it is important to have a good understanding of the client’s condition/disease before beginning a health education activity.
· For your client:
· Identify the disease/condition that you plan to address in this teaching plan
· What resource/s will you use to review this disease/condition, in preparation for teaching? (Remember, all resources should be current and evidence-based).
2) Pages 9-12 discusses barriers to effective teaching.
· List 3 barriers that healthcare professionals experience:
· List 3 strategies to overcome the barriers you identified:
3) Pages 12-13 discusses Patient Centered Diabetes Education.
· What is the difference between DOPE and HOPE?
· How has the role of (diabetes) health educator changed in recent times?
· How do we keep our education “patient-centered”?
· What is the benefit of patient-centered education?
4) Pages 13-18 discuss the ASSURE mnemonic for teaching.
· Which elements are important to “Analyze” in our learners?
· What are the 4 basic learning styles discussed in this module?
· How can you assess learning styles in your client?
S: State the Objectives
· Remember, all objectives should be SMART. What does this mean?
· When creating objectives for the learning session, how do you best decide what to teach?
S: Select appropriate teaching method
· List 3 examples of teaching methods that can be implemented during health education sessions:
U: Use effective instructional materials
· List 3 examples of instructional materials that can be used for health education:
R: Require learner performance
· What are the 4 domains of learning?
R: Evaluate the learning
· What are the best methods to utilize to evaluate effectiveness of teaching?
5) Pages 18-26 discuss various theories and models for change. Use this information to guide your selection of a theory/model for your educational session.
6) Pages 30-32 discuss Creating a Lesson Plan. Use this information to guide you as you create a lesson plan for your client.
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level or professional level, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension.A 100% refund is guaranteed.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Tutorpro support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
At Tutorpro, we have top rated masters and PhD writers who will help you tacke that homework and score A+ grade. Tutorpro services covers all levels of education : high school, college, university undergraduate, masters and PhD academic level.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Tutorpro academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.