The Psychological Models
For this assignment, imagine you are a counselor working in a psychological model treatment program. Select one of the case studies you were introduced to in Unit 1 to represent your “client,” who is seeking help from your program. You may choose the same one that you used for The Disease Models assignment, or you may choose to use a different case study.
Complete the following sections for this assignment:
• Introduction —In this section of the paper:
• Identify the client from the case study and briefly summarize the client’s demographic characteristics and addictive behavior history that are relevant to the psychological models of addiction. This section sets the stage for the next sections.
• Applications of Psychological Models —In this section:
• Apply your understanding of one or more of the psychological models of addiction to your client. Do client demographics and history suggest that your client suffers from a psychological model of addiction? Based on your interpretation, what psychological model treatment strategies might you recommend for this client?
• Sociocultural Factors and the Psychological Models— Finally, in this section:
• Describe how sociocultural factors (poverty, education, drug laws, media portrayal of addiction and treatment, and support for harm reduction methods like methadone maintenance and needle exchange programs) may affect the client’s perception of the problem and the addictive behavior. Does the media present psychological models of addiction with the same support shown to the medical, pharmaceutical, and recovery industries? If not, how could that affect the client’s acceptance of psychological models of addiction treatment?
Describe sociocultural factors that may contribute to the addictive behavior as well as factors that may be helpful in overcoming the addiction from the perspective of the psychological models of addiction.
DEMOGRAPHICS AND COMORBIDITY
28–year–old single Caucasian female, never married, chronic history of physical and sexual abuse by men, diagnosed with Post–Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
Unemployed, lives in a poorly maintained government–subsidized housing project. Receives disability payments for mental health issues. Graduated high school with good grades but never pursued further education. No contact with parents or siblings, who live out of state. No religious affiliation.
Began drinking alcohol in high school with peers, alcohol use increased when abuse from boyfriends began, eventually tried crack cocaine and began a vicious cycle of crack use and further exploitation and abuse by men when under the influence or seeking drugs.
No previous treatment history for addictive behavior.
REASON FOR SEEKING TREATMENT
Ended up in emergency room of local hospital after being beaten and sexually abused when attempting to trade sex for crack. Referred to treatment by hospital social worker.
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level or professional level, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension.A 100% refund is guaranteed.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Tutorpro support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
At Tutorpro, we have top rated masters and PhD writers who will help you tacke that homework and score A+ grade. Tutorpro services covers all levels of education : high school, college, university undergraduate, masters and PhD academic level.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Tutorpro academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.