Lab Tutorial: http://youtu.be/oeTy0zN3xTg?hd=1
General Resource Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANi709MYnWg
Part I: Answer the following questions while in the Unit 1 lab environment.
For section 1 and 2:
• To test pH of solutions and lakes: Enter the Lab through the third item in the Unit’s MUSE.
• The MUSE can be accessed by clicking on Learning Materials (Unit 2).
Section 1: You will be testing 4 known solutions for pH levels using a standard wide-range indicator. Based off of the results obtained in the lab room, fill in the following table:
Solution Number pH from Lab Acid, Base or Neutral? Solution Name (what was in the test tube?)
Section 2: Now that you understand how to read pH measurements, go out into the field to gather pH samples from 3 different lakes to take back to the lab for testing, and answer the following questions:
1. What was the pH level measured at Lake 1?
2. What was the pH level measured at Lake 2?
3. What was the pH level measured at Lake 3?
4. Which two lakes have the highest levels of acidity in their water?
Part II: For the following questions, provide your response in short-answer format (3–5 detailed sentences each). Use the links provided along with this Unit’s activities and resources to prepare your answers.
Look for at least three acids and at least three bases around your home.
For question 5 and 6:
• Use this link as a guide: http://www.ehow.com/list_6930749_acids-bases-found-homes.html
• Watch instructional video (in Unit 2 IP assignment description)
• Review Unit 2 learning materials- In MUSE – first item
5. List and describe the acids you found. What things do the acids have in common?
Three examples of acids are that I found in my home are
Description (Describe using complete sentences. Some suggestions- what do they contain, what they are used for and why, what are their properties, what is their pH.
Some common attributes of acids:
6. List and describe the bases you found. What things do these have in common?
Three examples of bases are that I found in my home are
Description (Describe using complete sentences. Some suggestions- what do the bases contain, what they are used for, what are their properties, what is their pH.
Some common attributes of bases:
7. Look at your data for the three lakes in the virtual lab. Acid rain is impacting two of these three lakes. Explain what acid rain is and describe which two lakes are receiving acid rain. Also, discuss how the location of each lake relates to their pH level.
• What is Acid rain?
Read the following lessons, view the instructional video explain acid rain in
3- 5 sentences.
o Watch instructional video (in Unit 2 IP assignment description)
o Unit 2 Intellipath materials – Lesson: Acid Rain Causes and Effects and
o Unit 2 learning materials (in MUSE): first item- pH and Acid Rain
• Describe which two lakes are receiving acid rain.
• Discuss how the location of each lake (Lake 1, Lake 2 and Lake 3) relates to their pH level. (While explaining location and how it impacts pH levels and causes varying impacts of Acid Rain use data from part 1 is used to discuss how each lake’s location)
8. Imagine a lake receives acid rain for an extended period of time. The original pH of the lake was 6, but it has now dropped to pH 3. How many times more acidic has this lake become? What negative impacts can this amount of acidification have on the environment?
Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf8cuvl62Vc
Watch instructional video (in assignment description) and
Read Unit 2 learning materials (in MUSE) – first item- pH and Acid Rain
• The original pH of the lake was 6, but it has now dropped to pH 3. How many times more acidic has this lake become?
• Explain negative impacts can this amount of acidification have on the environment?
The post Measuring pH Levels first appeared on COMPLIANT PAPERS.
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level or professional level, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension.A 100% refund is guaranteed.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Tutorpro support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
At Tutorpro, we have top rated masters and PhD writers who will help you tacke that homework and score A+ grade. Tutorpro services covers all levels of education : high school, college, university undergraduate, masters and PhD academic level.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Tutorpro academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.