The Role of Culture and Self-Awareness in Interpersonal Communication
You began preparing for this assignment in Week One by reviewing the required elements and reflecting on the Chapter 2 and Chapter 3 content. There are three steps to completing this written assignment. Each step should be a separate, identifiable section of your paper. Start with an introductory paragraph that describes what you will be covering in your paper and end with a concluding paragraph that summarizes the information you have provided. Use Chapters 2, 3, 4, and 5 in the textbook and other relevant resources.
· Describe the impact of culture on communication.
· Identify strategies you can use to demonstrate cultural sensitivity when working in human services settings. Be sure to use examples to help make your points.
· Assess your own other-orientation, as described in the textbook, as one measure of self-awareness.
· Identify personal communication strengths and growth.
· Describe your strengths with regard to this perspective.
· Identify areas in which you would like to improve.
· Discuss how having a strong other-orientation might be helpful for interpersonal communication in human services.
· Refer to Chapters 2, 3, 4, and 5 in the textbook and other relevant resources.
· Explain how both culture and self-awareness may be critical in interpersonal communication in human services.
· Identify two to three examples of effective verbal and non-verbal communication techniques that can be used to demonstrate self-awareness and culture in human service settings.
Your Final Paper:
· Must be five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
· Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
· Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
· Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Review the grading rubric and remember that 30% of your grade is based on your application of course material content and subject knowledge in Discussions, 40% is based on your ability to think critically and present original ideas in Assignments, and 30% is based on your ability to demonstrate your application of the core concepts of communication and apply them to a human services scenario in the Final Project.
1. DeVito, J.A. (2016). The interpersonal communication book (14th ed.). Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu
a. Chapter 4: Verbal Messages (pp. 81-108)
b. Chapter 5: Nonverbal Messages (pp. 109-146)
1. Matsumoto, D., & Hwang, H. C. (2016). The cultural bases of nonverbal communication. In APA handbook of nonverbal communication. (pp. 77–101). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association. https://doi-org.proxy-library.ashford.edu/10.1037/14669-004
o The full-text version of this article is available through Ashford University’s Proquest database This article provides information about nonverbal communication that will assist you in your assignment and discussions this week.
1. Quarry, P. & Ash, E. (Writers & Producers). (1998). People skills: Communicating without words.
o This video can be accessed through the Films On Demand database in the Ashford University Library.
o This video presents ways in which people communicate without words and will be used as part of the second discussion forum.
2. Understanding Body Language [Video file]. (2001). Retrieved June 28, 2019, from https://digital.films.com/PortalPlaylists.aspx?wID=100753&xtid=49912
o Body language can tell us about feelings, motivations, and attitudes. This video teaches viewers that understanding body language can help improve their communication. Topics covered in this program include being aware of your own body language; learning to read others’ body language; body language for presentations; and body language for selling, conflict, and becoming more expressive. Viewable/printable educational materials are available online. (14 minutes)
o The full-length version of this video is available through Ashford University Library’s Films on Demand database. This video provides information about body language that will assist you in your assignment and discussions this week.
1. Bernstein, R. (2017, March 28). 7 cultural differences in nonverbal communication (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from https://online.pointpark.edu/business/cultural-differences-in-nonverbal-communication/
o This web page provides information about the use of nonverbal communication that will assist you in your assignment and discussions this week.
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level or professional level, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension.A 100% refund is guaranteed.
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
Tutorpro support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
At Tutorpro, we have top rated masters and PhD writers who will help you tacke that homework and score A+ grade. Tutorpro services covers all levels of education : high school, college, university undergraduate, masters and PhD academic level.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Tutorpro academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.